There are a number of measures that you can take to protect your personal information, including:
Use strong passwords for all your online accounts:
- Do not use trivial passwords (such as single dictionary words)
- Do not use the same password for multiple accounts
- Do use long passwords (at least 8 characters, but preferably much longer)
- Do use passwords which contain a combination of upper and lower case letters, numbers and special characters e.g. $%^& etc.
- Do keep passwords securely (never written down, or shared with anyone) and changed periodically